Saturday, September 4, 2010

Peramakan Keppel Club

Exam finally over, I have some free time to update my blog already. My brother knew I love Peranakan food and brought me to Keppel Club to tried out authentic peranakan food.

Hmmmm... This place is not very convenient so is either by your own transport or by a cab because there is no public transport to come here. I guess this restaurant is quite famous because they are all fully booked for dinner so no walked in are attended. So if you want to come and try their food remember to make your reservation early. The staff are quite friendly and their service is quite good also. The restaurant look very classy and nice.

The dishes on the menu all comes in one size accept the soup. We order Assam Fish, Babi Pongteh, Buah Keluak, Meat Ball Soup, Durian Puff, Durian Pancake and Durian Pengat. At the end of the dinner my brother told me that if you ate their durian items you won't smell the durian after you burp, how true is it I really have no idea. Anyway I leave this place very satisfied and with a heavy stomach :P 
Total bill comes up to $160 for 5 person :)




Assam Fish - Fish is very tender and soft, no fishy smell... The fish along with the spicy and sour gravy, thumbs up!!!


 

Babi Pongteh - This dish is actually the Braised Pork Belly With Salted Bean Paste... The meat is like melt in your type, I can't really taste the fatty part :P


Buah Keluak - Some may start to wonder what is this black things... This dish can be found in every peranakan food. This is a nut shell with paste in it which they will use it to cook with meat, normally with chicken. The taste of the buah keluak is somewhat astringent with delicate underpinnings of bitterness. For me, I like to dig out the paste inside and goes with my white rice which make my rice more fragrant. 




Pork Meat Ball Soup - This is my favorite soup that I won't miss it... The soup is clear and light, the meat is very juicy and tender. 



Durian Pancake - I starting to miss this dessert... The pancake is hot but the durian cream is cold and creamy, one each is really not enough :P



Durian Penget - Is like durian moose to me, thick and creamy with bites of durian flesh inside and the base is made of sweet potatoe. Thou the serving is not very big but I still find that 1 bowl might be too much for 1 person especially for girls :P


Durian Puff - How can I miss this? It is very soft and puffy with yummy durian cream inside but I will still prefer the Durian Pancake  :)

 

You can find them at:
Keppel Club
10 Bukit Chermin Road

Contact: 6377 2829

No comments: