Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pekin Restaurant 北京海鲜楼(圣淘沙)

Had a family dinner here over the Christmas holiday. This restaurant is quite well known in Johor area and this particular one we went to is next to a Ah Koong Noodle Restaurant. I guess driving here will be a little difficult if you don't know JB road well.

I didn't manage to take a look at their menu because all dishes are ordered by my brother. He came here often so I guess he knows what's nice here. He ordered Peking Duck, Herbal Chicken, Fried Rice, Fried Dong Fen (cellophane noodles), Hongkong Noodle, Cereal Prawn, Braised Pork Trotters and Red Bean Pancake.

Total bill come up to $315RM for 13 pax which is very worth it, food is nice and is definitely worth the return.

Both the Fried noodle is nice, is not oily and not too dry but kinda of too soft for my liking lox
Bottom left: Peking Duck - It don't look like Peking Duck to me because there is no wraps for us to go with it, anyway this whole duck is very tender and best of all is not dry and it is really cheap. I think the whole duck cost less than 50 RM and my sister husband almost wanted to pack one back to SG lolx
Bottom right: Herbal Chicken in foil - The sauce contains a little alcohol so I can't take much of this and is a little too salty but the chicken is very soft and tender and is a little too small to serve 13 pax lolx

Top left: Cereal Prawn - Cereal is fragrant and nice but prawn is dry and hard, what a pity
Bottom: Mixed vegetable - I think is french bean with brinjal, the vegetable is very fresh and the fried garlic make the whole dish very fragrant and nice
Top right: Braised Pork Trotters - Juicy, soft and the fats is so smooth and tender. If you don't mind the extra calories you got to try this dish
Bottom: Red Bean Pancake - I ate 4 pieces of this, is not so sweet is soft with slight crispness, so yummy lolx

You can find them at:

Address:NO. 38, JALAN BALDU LIMA, TAMAN SENTOSA, 80150 JOHOR BAHRU, JOHOR.
Telephone:607-333 2928, 607-332 0902
Opening Hours:

11.00am - 11.00pm

No comments: