Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Todak Seafood JB

Not sure why lately I seem to fall in love with the seafood in JB. Heard from my god papa who is a malaysian told me about this Todak seafood near Permas and out of the sudden hubby decided to go and give a tried.

Okay I went to search for a map online and use it to head to Todak but it was outdated already. It asked us to drive to Jalan Dedaru 11 and we will see a Restoran Tepi Pantai but when the GPS lead us there it was a dead end, it was all landed property and we didn't see any Restoran at all. At last we found our way there and realize there is a new expressway which can lead all the way there without any detour. Just turn right after JB custom head all the way straight, roughly about 25min of drive and you will notice Permas Jusco on your left and at this moment look out for signboard giving you the direction to Todak. Is actually a U-turn ahead and than turn left into a tiny road and all the way to the end you will see a few seafood place, turn right in for Todak.

We reach here around 6.30pm and never expected it was already so crowded for a ulu restaurant like this. If you want tried dinning on a kelong with a great seaview and a nice sunset view you got to come here though the food wasn't that great but is a place which you can't find in Singapore.

Take note!!! There is NO SERVICE here!!!! Lol You just got to do your yelling and waving for the them to come and take your order. Next time I will tried to come eariler as I realize all the cheap crab which is at 40RM and 60RM per kg was totally SOLD OUT!!! Oh my godness lollol

We ordered Chili crab, Cereal Prawn, Vegetable, Steamed Seabass and a Soup, total damage was $137RM. The billed was expensive due to the crab which is at 90RM per kg but the fish was reasonable it was half a kg at the price of 50RM. I will bring my friends here the next round, I actually prefer to have a larger group to have seafood so we can ordered more to share :P
They even give free fruits platter after you finish your dinner, still not too bad after all.

Chili crab was normal, not very spicy I still prefer the crab at San Low and the tool that they use here for the cracking the crab shell was HUGE!!!! So funny, I thought what the fish is that for lollol

Vegetable, plain and very normal

Cereal prawn portion was small maybe because is just the 3 of us so they didnt give much but it was fragrant and quite nice

Steam Seabass this fish was very fresh, tender and smooth. The sauce was good for my girl to go with her white rice.

Soup was pretty normal as well



Address: No. 1, Orang Asli, Telok Jawa, Masai.
81750 Johor Bahru. Johor, Malaysia
Tel: 07-386 3696   
Opening hours: 11.30am - 11.30pm
Web: http://rest-todak.com.my/index.html

No comments: