Thursday, December 3, 2015

Penang Trip - Nov 2015

Went Penang for a short trip and chosen to stay at Golden Sands Resort as I have 2 kids. Booked our flights with Airasia 6 months back for $135 per pax (exclude baby). Our flight was at 11.45am and we arrived before 1pm. I manage to find a driver that provide us 2-way airport transfer, 1 day tour (2nd day) for 8 hours. If you don't have any itinerary they can plan for you. English speaking, chinese or dialect they are able to converse. We took their 7 seaters car service and paid $360RM in total. I find it pretty reasonable since I have kids and could go anyway I like, instead of getting lost and taking cab around.

We cleared the custom in Penang pretty fast! But the journey to our resort was 1.5 hours! All because of the jam, weekend and school holiday. Rolling Eyes Finally we arrived at Golden Sands at 3pm! Checked in was smooth, our room was quite far end. I booked Deluxe room that comes with balcony and a free extra bed. But the extra bed was quite annoying as it was blocking the walkway and we knock against the 'legs' many times! Room was a little worn out and hopefully they will do some upgrading soon. And the air-condition was so hard to maintain. We set at 29 but woke up to 19! Call the maintenance also pointless! The kids love the balcony, especially my 2 years old. But it was raining all afternoon when we were there and it can get quite wet at the balcony area. Poor tv channel, which I find it important if are stuck in the room. Poor wifi connect and some stains on the sofa.

Our room 

Balcony view

Stain on sofa

Bathroom

Complimentary tea, nicely kept

The extra bed with the irritating legs lol


Irritating aircon

Since is already 3pm, we just went to one of their restaurant to have a simple lunch.


Calamari - Nice 

Hawaiian Pizza - Some cheese are not even melted yet

Very expensive lunch! We spend about $40SGD just for all this. This restaurant is close to beach so I guess if you come during sunset the ambiance will be very nice. After lunch we head off to the pool. Since there were many kids around, the pool wasn't that clean. And you can expect some files and leaves in their pool too, Duh! After not long, the rain start to drizzle and we head back to our room, relax and waited until dinner time to head out. 

The night market which is located right beside the resort open after 7pm! We are slightly early and they were just preparing to open their stall. We chanced upon this foodcourt and settled our dinner there. This is the 1st foodcourt which is the most closest to our resort. There is another one which is just a distance away. But the 2nd one seems lesser crowds than this. Food is pretty cheap, expect for the so-so pancake which my girl ordered. I always bring my totseats along as I have doubts on the public baby high chair. Weather wasn't that good again, it starts pouring after our dinner and there isn't much stall to see so we head back to rest for the day. 

Foodcourt

Penang Laksa - $4RM not the best one but not too bad overall

Plain naan - $3RM which I buy to let my little boy snack lol

Chocolate pancake - $10RM super chocolately and super sweet

Oyster omelette ($8RM) and Chicken Wings which I forgotten to take picture LOL

Fried Noodles (Char Mee) - Black fat noodle which hub ordered. I didn't tried it but I guess it was from KL or origin from Penang?

Drop me a comment if you need the driver contact Wink



No comments: