Monday, June 7, 2010

Song Fa Day & Night Bak Kut Teh

Bak Kut Teh, Bak Kut Teh, Bak Kut Teh I simply love Bak Kut Teh :D My colleague drove us to this place for Ba Kut Teh for lunch. There are 2 types of Bak Kut Teh, the clear peppery ones and the black herbal ones. SongFa belongs to the peppery type, for me I will prefer herbal type which my friends say is Malaysia kind of Ba Kut Teh.

They have two kinds of ribs for you to choose from, I will prefer the ribs with less fatty meat. My colleague also order a big plate of Braised Pig Trotter the meat is very tender and not tough. I also order a plate of Braised Pig Intestine but I was disappointed because their Pig Intestine was not soft but taste like rubber to me. We also order Yu Tiao and Salted Vegetable to go with.

Overall this place was good, their soup was not those type that will choke you and their soup is refillable. One funny incident happen when I was there. I am a person who can't finish a bowl of rice so I asked the waitress to add rice so I can share it with one of my colleague. The waitress ask me to take a small bowl of rice instead and when the rice was serve I don't see any big difference between my rice and my colleague one and the funny thing is irregardless big or small bowl the price is only 10cents different.

If you are a Bk Kut Teh lover like me you should come down and give it a try.









































You can find them at

11 New Bridge Road
#01-01

Tel: +65 6533 6128

Opening hours 

 Daily 

7am – 10pm

(Closed on Mon)

No comments: