Friday, August 13, 2010

Teo Chew Bak Ku Teh, Malacca

Hihi I am back from my Malacca trip and I also gained an extra kg back :P Why is this so? Well, we discovered this amazing Bak Ku Teh stall while we  were sending our friends to their hotel. This Teo Chew Bak Ku Teh is located at a corner just opposite Beuford Hotel. It is quite crowded during the lunch time but luckily, we managed to find a table.

We ordered the Bak Ku Teh with mixed pig organ and a small serving of the Braised Pork Leg and also a pot of chinese 'Pu Er' tea to share. Their Bak Ku Teh and the Braised Pork Leg are serve in individual claypots. From what I know, there are 2 types of Bak Ku Teh, the former being the pepperish type and the latter the herbal type, as for here they serve the herbal type. If you are craving that not too strong and not too light just perfect herbal taste, this place is a definite must try. The Braised Pork Leg is very tender and melts in your mouth. However their 'Yu Tiao' is very dry and hard so do soak it in the soup before eating it. A highlight of this place is they serve Yam rice but you can opt for white rice if you don't like it. The total bill came up to $61RM which I shared amongst the 4 of us. Pretty reasonable and cheap if I may say.

I had a very satisfying and happy lunch :D  Special thanks to my brother for all the nice photo taken.





You can find them at:
4, Jalan Taman Melaka Raya
Close around 2pm so be there early
Closed on Monday

No comments: