Wednesday, August 4, 2010

(Zheng) Swee Kee Hainanese Chicken Rice

Had my lunch with my colleague at Zheng Swee Kee Hainanese Chicken Rice. Looking thru their menu I would say their food are somewhat costly. A plate of Kampung Chicken Rice cost $5 and their side dishes are mostly from $6 onwards. We decided to order the set meal for 3 person that include a plate of vegetable, pork chop, thai style fried tofu and 1/4 roasted hainanese chicken with 3 plates of chicken rice.

1. The roasted chicken is very tender, fragrant and not too fatty and oily for my liking, I guess that is what all girls will prefer :p Oh don't forget to dip with the chilli sauce that is something not to be miss when having chicken rice.

2. Chicken rice, as for this there is nothing to shout about, I just find the rice is not fragrant enough, the best part is that the rice is not too oily.

3.Pork Chop, I like this dish, the sweet tangy sauce that goes with the tender and crispy Pork Chop taste very yummylicious :P

4. Thai style fried Tofu, the soft and crispy tofu with the sweet and spicy thai style sauce is very nice too. I guess is the sauce that works the trick :P

5. Vegetable which serve with 'hor fun' sauce sounds weird and it taste weird too.





















































































Total bill is around $28 for the above which I feel is quite worth it. But than again they are not the best chicken rice I ever try so I will keep looking around and update my blog again :D

You can find them at:

25 Seah Street #01-01 Singapore

Tel: +65 6336 1042

Opening Hours
Daily: 11am – 9pm

No comments: