Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Boon Tong Kee ( Whampoa)

Was here for lunch with my colleagues, I think it was about 5 years already since I last visit BTK. It was a long queue as usually during lunch time. This restaurant was located beside Boon Keng MRT station along those shop houses. Finally it was our turn and we decided to ordered 1/2 white steamed chicken, spinach with century and salted egg and their fried beancurd.

At first I still wonder if their fried beacurd are still the same as usual and it never disappoint me. I love the lightly salted and crispy beancurd skin and the beancurd is smooth, tender and piping hot. My colleague suggested the spinach with century and salted egg, the sauce of this vegetable was thick and sweet, it taste like mui fan sauce to me. The texture of the chicken rice was good it was not too dry or oily and it was very fragrant. Lastly it was the steamed chicken, the thick chunky meat was smooth and tender best to dip with the chilli and ginger sauce.

Overall the bill comes up to $45 for 5 person with a pot of tea and complimentary chocolate. The reason for coming back again I guess is for their fried beancurd.

Steam white chicken

Spinach with century and salted egg

Fried Beancurd

Complimentary Chocolate

You can find them at:

Address: Blk 34 Whampoa West, #01-93
Tel: +65 6299 9880

Opening Hours
Daily: 11am–3pm, 5pm–10pm

No comments: