Thursday, May 19, 2011

Oasis Taiwan Porridge @ Toa Payoh

Been here for supper once, is next to Toa Payoh Swimming Complex as for parking wise you may park in front of the complex and walk over. Heard they have another outlet at Kallang but it was closed down already.

They have indoor and outdoor seating but the outdoor are only open in the evening. The pricing of the dishes I will said is quite steep. The teochew porridge is serve in a small pot in regardless how many person you have, you can always ask for another pot if you want to. My friend who had been here a few times told me it depends on your luck on the porridge that you get. If you are lucky you will get a pot of porridge with nice and sweet porridge with soft sweet potatoe inside which they had boil for quite a while if not it will be like me, my luck isn't good I never get to tried the sweet porridge just the plain porridge with semi soft sweet potatoe lols.

And we ordered Sliced Fish with Spring Onion, Braised Pig Intestine with Salted Vegetable and Cold Beancurd with Century Egg to go with the porridge. Total bill comes up to $35 for 2 person with a few dishes which I feel that is kinda of expensive. I think by coming in a bigger group will be more worth it, it will be a nice place to return for supper.

The Menu

 Teochew Muay (Taiwan Porridge)

Sliced Fish with Spring Onion - To me when I heard Sliced Fish it should not have any bones but this does and not just one and also the fish are not fresh, it has a very smelly fishy smell in it.

Cold Beancurd with Century Egg - I like this, the beancurd is smooth silky and chill. The sweet and saltish sauce goes well with the egg and beancurd

Braised Pig Intestine with Salted Vegetable - The pig intestine is properly clean with no stinky smell, is soft and not rubbery, nice.

You can find them at:

Address: 303 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh

Tel: +65 6346 4418

Opening Hours
Daily: 7am – 3pm; 6pm – 4am

No comments: