Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chen Ji Steamed Fish Head

Getting too lazy to update my blog already.....

Had this steamed fish head with hot sauce at Chen Ji when I was in Chinatown that day. Had wanted to eat the claypot rice but after hearing that we need to wait for more than an hour for the rice we change our mind and tried the steamed fish head.

This steamed fish head seem quite popular they even had the advertisement saying that it was recommended by mediacorp but I cant seem to find any review on the net. Anyway the fish head portion was huge, it was very fresh, no fishy smell. It was so smooth and tender as for the sauce it taste a little spicy, a little sweet and a little saltish because of the salted bean. I think the portion is right for 3-4 person it was too much for the 2 of us and we also ordered their Prawn Paste Chicken Wings, my favourite. The prawn paste taste was strong and fragrant, the chicken wing cooked just right! It was so juicy and tender, I love to have chicken wings because my deary will always debone it for me :P

Overall the bill for the fish head and chicken wings with 2 rice cost about $28, as given that portion I would say it was worth it.

Steamed Fish Head with Hot Sauce



You can find them at:

Address: Blk 335 Smith St, #02-190 Chinatown Complex Food 

Opening Hours
11.30am – 2.30pm, 5.00m – 10.30pm 

No comments: