Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bandung Trip November 2012

I am back from a short trip to Bandung not going there to drink Bandung la LOL but heard from my friends that the place has many factory outlet to shop. Went google and do research and it look great (but it turn out to be opposite) and so I booked the ticket and went for it.

Got the ticket from Airasia for the 3 of us for $200/pax, I booked this ticket 4 months back and was looking forward to it! The day we check in at Changi Airport my god the airport check in system was down! Luckily the flight only got delay for just awhile and I'm so glad that the hotel staff at Bandung was very responsive when I email them to inform that we might be arriving late.

I requested over at the Airasia counter to put us together but end up I was sitting with my daughter and my husband is sitting elsewhere. The worse is during the day we are returning from Bandung we check in at the airport and same as usual I requested to be sited together but it was worse than ever! AIRASIA SUCK!!! Don't they understand what is SITTING TOGETHER!!! They place my girl in seat C I am in seat E and my husband is way behind us! And I got to asked the lady beside me to change seat with me so I can look after my girl who is only 8! Thankful that the lady is understanding and willing to exchange seat with me. This is one thing I hate about budget air because people can get to buy seats so those who don't will be place randomly in the 'empty holes'. But they shouldn't be separating the mother and the kid like this! Other than Phuket I won't take anymore budget unless I don't have any choice!

I already book my trip to Hong Kong for next year March thou Tigerairway only cost $350 but I rather go by SQ or Cathay. SQ offer about $520 with less than $200 extra I get better flight with better seat with no arguing for it! But I book Cathay instead because they offer much attractive package which include 2 night stay in Macau and ferry ticket for $720 per pax. I guess I whine too much already let's continue to my Bandung trip.

Arrival at Bandung after a 2 hours flight and I was shocked when I arrived at their airport. We have to walked to their small and pathetic airport and we got to waited for the baggage which only have one system operating. From the airport to our hotel actually is less than 30min but because of the bad jam on weekend it took longer.

Finally we reach our hotel at Ottenville Boutique hotel, actually I booked it wrongly but I never regret staying here. Our room was spacious and I love the big comfortable bed and their bathroom which has a separate standing shower and bathtub best of all they have an extra sofa bed. What I don't like is the room is located on the first floor and right beside the cafe and I got kiss by the lovely mosquito at night!

Checking in

Our Premier King Room

Sofa bed! The big room has 2 TV one in front the bed and another one here.

Spacious bathroom

Stay tune for Trans Studio!!!! Monkey Afro

No comments: