Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ssikkek Korean BBQ @ United Square

It was previously located at Novena Ville but after that place was demolished, Ssikkek has moved to United Square and of course with a price increase.

It is now located at the basement of United Square, next to a pub. Area was bigger comparing to the previous one and the variety seems to improve too. But something that will never change is that you will still stink after you step out 

We did not made any reservation because from my past experience they never bother even I told them I had called up but not so sure if they have improve on this. We reach at 6pm, restaurant was not packed yet and we manage to get a table without waiting. The staff was very nice, they came and told us to grab the meat fast before the 8pm crowd comes it. To my horror, the queue was sreally long when time comes. I think at least a 20 min wait and although they replenish fast the meat was still frozen. I should have took a picture of the 'dragon' queue lolz

I love their cooked food, the chewy rice cake which is not very spicy, my friend love their soup and they even have fried chicken wings which run out fast. Though the wings is crispy but very bland and best of all, the drinks are free flow and there is a individual salad table. Their mango smoothie is very nice, their pork collar, belly and bacon is my favourite. Sadly, they don't have korean pancake here.

Total damage for each pax on friday dinner was $28.60, definitely worth the return and I am sure I will be back again.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
You can find them at:
Ssikkek Korean BBQ
101 Thomson Road, United Square
#B1-15/16/17
Tel: 6254 8123

Opening Hours:
Mon to Fri : 11.30am to 2.30pm (Lunch), 5pm to 11pm (Dinner)
Weekend / PH : 11.30pm to 11pm
 

No comments: