Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Gold Coast September School Holiday 2014! Part 1

Yeah I am back from my Gold Coast trip last September school holiday! Brought my elder girl who is 10 and my little one who is 9 months old. Travel with my bestie, 2 girlfriends and their families.

Booked Qantas in March, paid $2100 for 4 of us and I saw SQ promo in June for $1900!! I almost bang my head against the wall!! Club myself I am keeping my finger cross that Qantas will turn out good as I called up Qantas previously about the seat arrangement and was left with unpleasant impression of them.

Finally our trip has come! We checked in at the airport at 5.30pm for our flight at 8pm. Qantas really surprise me, I never expected to receive such good services from them (ps: I am not getting any benefits or commission commenting on this). One thing I dislike is their bassinet because is damn high! Even my hub who tries to put my boy in after he slept also failed! He got the 'fall' feeling and wokes up! So I got to carried him till his last feed at midnight than I successfully place him in for few hours. But I am a person who can't sleep on the plane, I was so damn tired when we arrived at Brisbane. The steward and stewardess really took care of me, seeing I am carrying my boy and couldn't eat, they offer to warm up the food if I am hungry. Really nice lor Thumb up


Day 1:
Brisbane - 5am Aussie time (SG 3am!)

Arrived, declare my milk powder, clear custom and waited till 7am to collect our rented car from Apex.

Apex opens at 7am, if you want to collect early you got to pay $30 AUD extra for after hours. Their van could picked the 9 of us,  no issue. Everything was a breeze on the reservation but somehow regretted not getting the KIA Carnival or Imax to shared as we took 2 cars worrying that it will be squeezy to just get 1. I called up Apex when their open and they came within 10mins, Everything was good! All thanks to my brother to reco me to this company.

Off we head to Dragonfly Cafe in Brisbane for breakfast. FYI, we shared every meal among 3 couples and the kids shared among themselves. The portion is big enough for sharing except Movie World fast food chain.

Baby food on Qantas!

Kids meal!
















































































Kids breakfast!















$19AUD for this breakfast















After breakfast we went Woolworth which is right opposite. My girlfriend wants to go to the CBD area to get this gold coins. Beware of they slit throat parking fees! We paid $45AUD for less than an hour!!!

And we head to our apartment after that....






















I forget to take the picture of our apartment which we stay for 5 nights at level 2, no 6, the 1st unit of your left. Is a 2 bedrooms apartment, is cheap and I regretted totally for not choosing Wyndham which look so much nicer when we chance upon it. Our apartment is spacious but quite run down and I saw a wooden safe box cover with webs! Shocked

Aussie get dark early and so do our dinner! We went Coles at surfer which is near Chevron Renaissance. We went supermarket everyday without fail lol















Our nice pizza for dinner which is right outside the supermart! We walked around surfer paradise before we went back to rest.

No comments: