Monday, October 18, 2010

Gallery by the Straits (Sembawang Yacht Club)

My boy brought me here for dinner yesterday, this place is seriously Ulu and seriously if you don't drive is very hard to come here also. Let's say if you take a cab here you will need to call a cab out lolz!!! or you walk about 20 minutes out. The ambience of this place is nice because is located beside the waterfront also a family place as I saw alot of family's and also couple who come here for dinner. They have live band on weekend I would say that this place is quite relaxing.

Looking through their menu they have some BBQ items, chinese and western food and when I observe most people was having chinese food. Saw the review online alot of people mention that their Curry Fish Head is a must try so we order their popular dish with Beancurd with Chicken Meat. Just take note that their plain rice portion is quite small and their lime juice is free flow.

Their Curry Fish Head was serve in a claypot just be caution that the gravy might split on you. The gravy of the curry was very thick!!! As you can see from my picture the gravy was so thick that I couldn't even see the fish meat. My boy say it was very nice, I admit it was nice because of the strong and thick coconut gravy and the spicness but the fish was so little same goes to the vegetable, I hardly see any lady finger inside. Next is the beancurd, OMG!!! there is a strand of HAIR on the cauliflower after we had ate the beancurd so I requested to change. The first thing the waitress do was she took that plate of beancurd away and was discussing with her colleague before she bring it to the kitchen. They said they will change a new plate for us but I felt that it was actually the previous one because the portion was still the same. Very bad sevice provided!!!

Total bill comes up to $38 for 2 person, the curry fish head was $22. I think I will still prefer the Jurong West Curry Fish Head than here which I felt is more worth it.

Curry Fish Head

Beancurd with Chicken Meat

You can find them at:
43 Admiralty Road West S(759962)
Tel: 6759 7310


No comments: